production team member
Reports to: Production Manager & Audra Lawlor, Founder & President
Classification: 24-40 hours/week (hourly, nonexempt)
Location: Eastsound, Washington (Orcas Island)
Pay Range: DOE, employee discount, & jam perks
We offer medical and dental benefits after a short grace period to full time employees as well generous paid holiday/PTO benefits. This position is based on a car ferry serviced island and not appropriate for commuters. It is not suitable for working remotely.
We are looking to hire an enthusiastic Production Team member to work full-time in our kitchen facility in Eastsound. This is an all hands on deck job assisting with every aspect of our production process - from harvesting to prepping fruit to cooking to shipping. The job entails fruit intake and prep, cooking, packaging and labeling our preserves line, cleaning, and assisting with product fulfillment. This is a great opportunity to learn about the art of preservation and small business, exercise your commercial kitchen experience, and work with a fun team of people committed to making an exceptional local product.
Ideally, you have the following qualities/skills:
• Commercial kitchen, farm, or food production experience (we’ll train the right person)
- • Ability to lift 50 pounds (sugar & fruit are heavy!)
- • Love working with your hands and can be on your feet up to 8 hours a day
- • A can-do hustle attitude/you thrive on conquering tasks and strive for perfection
- • Has own vehicle to get to work or reliable transportation
- • Flexible and willing to accommodate frequently changing tasks (multitaskers who enjoy being busy are welcome)
- • Committed, hard-working, detail oriented team player.
This is a physically-demanding position that will offer an opportunity to work on your biceps and endurance. Repeated lifting of bins of 30-50 lbs is required (jam, fruit, and sugar are heavy!) Time on your feet may range from 4-8 hours per shift.
Hours: The kitchen is in operation M-F from 8am to 4:30pm. We can offer a tailored, regular schedule for the right person within this window. Increased hours and/or responsibilities are available upon demonstration of a willingness to take on a greater role in kitchen operations & a strong work ethic.
Interested? Excellent! Please send us (or drop by with) your resume & short cover letter explaining why you’d like to work for us and why you think you’re a fit for this position. Email email@example.com with subject line: Production Team member position. Please specify your availability.