Brie en Croute
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, pre-packaged
- 1/2 jar pear preserves (we recommend our OrcasPear with Bay)
- 1 (8-ounce) wheel Brie or wedge of triple creme
- 1 egg, beaten
- Crackers & extra jam, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Defrost puff pastry or phyllo dough for approximately 15 to 20 minutes and unfold.
3. If you're using a wheel of brie, cut it crosswise and spoon in half a jar of Orcas Pear with Bay preserves and place the remaining piece of brie on top like a sandwich. If you're using a triple creme like St. Andre or Delice de Bougogne, cut it crosswise and lay each piece side by side- spoon the jam on top without sandwiching. Lay the puff pastry out on a flat surface. Place the brie in the center of the pastry. Gather up the edges of the pastry, pressing around the brie and gather at the top. Gently squeeze together the excess dough. Tie together with a piece of kitchen twine if necessary, but I usually just bring it together with my hands.. Brush the beaten egg over top and side of pastry. Dust with a sprinkling of flaky sea salt. Place the pastry wrapped brie on a cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes until pastry is golden brown.
4. Serve with crackers, and extra jam.